Bloomberg reports on Rory Stewart’s six-point economic plan
Bloomberg highlights Rory’s six-point economic plan and his strategy for ensuring stability through the EU exit process:
His six economic pledges are:
• Keep U.K. reputation for economic stability by ruling out a no-deal Brexit; no unfunded spending plans and no unaffordable tax cuts
• More resources for services, especially schools and the police
•Infrastructure investment to boost regions, including spending on northern rail services
• Boost skills training, including midlife retraining to help those who face losing jobs from the rise of robotics and artificial intelligence
• Boost spending on research and development; make it easier to start new businesses by simplifying tax code and cutting red tape
• Give Britons more of a stake in the economy by boosting share ownership -- starting with sell-off of the government’s stake in Royal Bank of Scotland
His team also released the results of private polling by Populus they said showed Stewart is considered the most truthful, competent, realistic and trusted of the candidates. The survey of 2,000 people on May 28-29 showed Stewart tied with Home Secretary Sajid Javid as the best prime minister, they said.
Read the full article here.